Red Dog and Me

This is an on-going dialog between me and a certain motor scooter, namely a 2009 Piaggio MP3 500 that came to live with me in October of 2009. I've named the scooter Red Dog and as yet have not determined its gender. In the past when I've named boats, bikes, and other like characters I've thought of them as feminine due to their behavior characteristics. Red Dog I'm not so sure about...we'll see. Update: OK, Red Dog's a girl...with an attitude

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Dec 06, 2009 Cover Up!


I needed a cover for Red Dog and since I've got several for other bikes I borrowed one of those. I don't think you could ask for a better fit, at least if you have a top box. There are two heavy straps on the bottom so you can secure it against wind. Another feature I like is they sewed a huge flap underneath the front that says "FRONT" so no more fumbling around trying to see which way it goes on.


I've read a few comments regarding concern about scratching the windshield but that's never happened with this one. Actually I've never had that happen with any cover come to think of it. Maybe it's a result of the fit being too tight? This cover is a size large Black Sable from Beverly Bay, cost was under $50.00 and the quality is really nice. Made in China.















Here's the link to Beverly Bay: http://www.beverlybay.com/motorcycle-covers/black-sable-motorcycle-cover.html They were easy to deal with, have a nice web site and gave prompt service.

2 comments:

  1. That thing is cool looking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was based on this recommendation that I bought the Beverly Bay Aqua Plush cover, and it is top notch! However, I don't have a tope case - yet - and I am not sure this cover will have room for it. Remains to be seen.

    ReplyDelete