Red Dog and Me

This is an on-going dialog between me and a certain motor scooter, namely a 2009 Piaggio MP3 500 that came to live with me in October of 2009. I've named the scooter Red Dog and as yet have not determined its gender. In the past when I've named boats, bikes, and other like characters I've thought of them as feminine due to their behavior characteristics. Red Dog I'm not so sure about...we'll see. Update: OK, Red Dog's a girl...with an attitude

Monday, December 7, 2009

Dec 07, 2009 Uni-Go order update


The following is just FYI to keep everyone updated on what's happening with the Uni-Go. It looks like it may take awhile longer to get than I'd hoped; several weeks in fact. I think I'll order a second hitch receiver so the fab shop can get that out of the way before the trailer arrives. Here's the latest email on it:

Monday, December 07 2009 7:44AM

Hi Larry,

You placed your order correctly! Black Touring model, black combo lock, black handle, black drawbar, black wheel and isolation relay. Thank you very much!

Your order has been placed with the factory. The last few orders have taken between 6-8 weeks to receive but I'm hoping they have fully "caught up" from their busy season and will be closer to their "normal" times of 4-6 weeks. I'll will keep you posted on the order progress and once shipped will forward carrier and tracking information so that you can follow it right to your door.

My curiosity is piqued about your Arctic Ocean adventure...can't wait to hear what you've got up your sleeves and how the Uni-Go performs with your Piaggio and custom hitch!

Thanks again!

Marty

----- Original Message -----

From: Larry Parmenter

To: marty@bolterscyclespecialities.com

Sent: Saturday, December 05, 2009 6:59 PM

Subject: Order XXXXX

Hi Marty,

I've reviewed my order and thought I'd specified a black wheel but it looks like maybe it's silver? Would you please verify and if it's not black please change it to that. If it's impossible to do don't worry about it, I can live with silver but I'd prefer black.

Will my Uni-Go be the first one to travel to the Arctic Ocean? Stay tuned...you're gonna love this tale.

Thanks a bunch,

Larry Parmenter

Bandon, OR

No comments:

Post a Comment