Red Dog and Me

This is an on-going dialog between me and a certain motor scooter, namely a 2009 Piaggio MP3 500 that came to live with me in October of 2009. I've named the scooter Red Dog and as yet have not determined its gender. In the past when I've named boats, bikes, and other like characters I've thought of them as feminine due to their behavior characteristics. Red Dog I'm not so sure about...we'll see. Update: OK, Red Dog's a girl...with an attitude

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Dec 22, 2009 Rain, Rain, go away…



Not much doing with Christmas just around the corner, things are kinda slow. The weather hasn't been co-operating so I've decided not to put up lights this year. Bah Humbug...! Was it only five years ago I put up 20,000 lights? At least this afternoon I was able to enjoy a short ride into Bandon with my friend Chuck Bruce. Typical of our rides we stopped at one of the local coffee shops where we consumed enough caffeine to hold us for a week. It was dark and foggy when we left and the town's Christmas lights shone through the mist. Nice.

Ron from Bandon Fabrication called today and we've set a tentative date of December 29th to install the hitch for the Uni-Go trailer. I'm really looking forward to that as it's a positive step towards next year's ride.


Next year's ride? Well initially I'm thinking about several possiblities with a run down the southern route for openers. I've got an old friend I'd like to visit who lives east of Tucson, AZ and after that I'll have to figure out whether to continue east or head back north.

This past summer's ride to Nova Scotia on El Nino has whetted my appetite to see more of America. Still I'm yearning to see Inuvik in Canada's Northwest Territories so I guess I won't know until it's time to turn east or north.

Decisions, decisions...

No comments:

Post a Comment